|Details:||1 Year of Unlimited Service FREE+Taxes When Switching from Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T|
One-year of Sprint's Unlimited service plan for up to 5 lines for
plus taxes/fees (about $3 to $5/mo total per line).
To get this deal, you must switch your service from a major US carrier to Sprint, and
With the deal, you get:
- You are not in a service contract with your existing mobile service provider, and
- Your phone(s) are fully paid off and not on lease, and
- Your credit is good, and
- You get the deal directly from Sprint as described below (not in-store).
To get the deal:
- Unlimited data, talk, and text
for 1 year.
- Keep your current phone and phone number.
- No contracts.
- Up to 5 lines.
- Data usage over 23GB in a month may be throttled.
- Hulu is not included free while on the free plan.
For the next year, your actual monthly bill will be free plus government taxes, which can come to about $3 or $5 per month per line.
- Call your existing mobile carrier at:
Get the following information:
- Verizon customer service: 800-922-0204
- AT&T Wireless customer service: 800-331-0500
- T-Mobile customer service: 877-746-0909
- Write down your old account number, and
- Write down your PIN, and
- Make sure the phone(s) on your account are "unlocked", and
- Confirm your account has no active contracts (you can cancel any time).
- Call 866-782-8777 to sign up with Sprint.
Mention the Free Unlimited for a Year promotion.
Ask them to create a new Sprint account for you, and run any necessary credit checks.
If you are keeping your existing phone(s), skip to step 4.
- If you decide to buy a new phone instead of bringing your existing phone to Sprint, make sure it's a full price buy (no lease and not connected to any Sprint plan).
Make sure the phone is "unlocked" and has never been active on Sprint.
For example, if you buy a new iPhone from an Apple store, have them use your old Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T SIM card to activate the phone (do not use a Sprint SIM card to activate the phone).
The Apple Store can give you a Sprint SIM card to take with you, but do not put it into the phone until you activate the service.
- Get Sprint SIM cards for your phone(s).
This can be done by doing 1 of these:
- By phone: Ask Sprint sales to send SIM cards to you.
Takes about 1-2 business days to arrive, and costs about $10.
- Online: Order Sprint SIM cards through the Sprint website.
Takes about 1-2 business days to arrive, and costs $3 per SIM plus $10 shipping.
- At an Apple store:
Many Apple stores will give Sprint SIM cards to you at no cost, just by asking.
- At a Sprint store:
Ask for Sprint SIM cards from your local Sprint store.
They may charge a fee.
Be sure they do not activate the SIM card.
- Transfer your existing phone number(s) and phone(s) to Sprint by calling 866-782-8777.
This will activate the plan.
Remember, each phone number must be transferred from another major wireless provider in the US (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc).
You cannot sign up new phone numbers on your free plan.
- Mark your calendar for January, 2019.
Sprint will begin charging you full price for the plan ($60/mo for the first line, $40/mo for the second, and $30/mo each additional line).
Re-negotiate or change plans then.
This deal may expire soon, so consider activating the service as soon as you can (before December 31).
After 4 months, you can purchase or lease a new phone and remain on the 1-year free plan.
Call Sprint customer service to confirm this.
When your free Sprint service is active, do not:
Optional phone insurance can be purchased through Sprint customer service or AppleCare.
- Within the first 4 months, do not cancel any phones on your account.
If you switch phones or cancel service within 4 months, you will lose the remainder of your 1-year free service.
- Do not apply any upgrades to your account, as it may ruin your free status for the year.
- Do not buy phones and equipment from a Sprint store which could mess up your free plan.
For reference, here is a copy of the promotion that will arrive if you order SIM cards directly from Sprint.