|Details:||Small Business Saturday on Nov 24, Registration on Sunday, Nov 18|
American Express cardmembers are encouraged to mark two days on their calendar:
Register your American Express card when enrollment begins on November 18 to be eligible for a $25 AmEx statement credit when shopping at a small retail business on the Saturday just after Thanksgiving.
- Sunday, November 18 for enrollment, and
- Saturday, November 24 to spend $25 for free.
Here is how it will work:
If you are unsure if a local store would be eligible as a "small business", use the map on the American Express website.
The map will default to locations near you, or if you will be traveling around Thanksgiving, click "Change Location" by pressing the down-arrow next to the "Local Merchants" rectangle, then switch to where you will be on November 24.
If you have a local store in mind, but are unsure if they are eligible for the free $25 credit, the business will be able to tell you if they are AmEx Small Business eligible.
- First you must have an active American Express card.
- On & after Sunday, November 18, go to AmericanExpress.com and enroll your card in their Small Business Saturday promotion.
- Think about a local retail business that you would like to spend at least $25 on the Saturday after Black Friday, and make sure that retail business accepts American Express cards.
A "local retail business" means any local restaurant or store that has only 1 location worldwide, or a few locations all within a few towns of each other.
It could be a local restaurant, local grocery store (that has only 1 or 2 locations), local hardware store, local clothing store, local movie theater, etc.
- Spend at least $25 at any eligible small business on Saturday, November 24 (the day after Black Friday) using your enrolled AmEx card, and AmEx will credit you $25 back.
If you are unsure what to buy, you can always buy a $25 gift card at that store.
Gift cards are eligible (as long as it was made as a single purchase of $25 or more at that eligible store).